Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Anniversary...Happy Birthday 1-26-09

I want to say how thankful that I am for my parents. They are the greatest parents a child could ever wish for. God is so good and He has blessed our entire family so much throughout the years. January 18th was my parent's 51st wedding anniversary. How great is that! I know that typically you have a huge celebration for the 50th but we had to put that on hold last year when my dad was diagnosed with laryngeal cancer. Like I said we are so blessed and things could have been so different and now he is doing great. I have five brothers and sisters and we planned a party for my mom and dad. A lot of my aunts and uncles were able to come and my parents were so surprised. My mom and dad never had a wedding cake and I thought my mom would cry when she saw the cake. I will post some pictures later when I get a chance. It was a great night and the surprise turned out well. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad.....I love you!!!!

Now I have to say Happy Birthday to my mother-in-law...Wanda A.K.A. Nana!! We don't get to see the grandparents as much as we would like to but we love them. Landon is so blessed to have 2 sets of grandparents that love him so much and we are so thankful for them. Please say a prayer for Wanda"s sister Doris. She is recovering from a hospital stay and she is in a nursing home at this time.

As for the rest of us...Landon is playing basketball and soccer and his weeks are busy with homework, church and sports. I took him to sell ads for his yearbook today and I was so proud of him. He was the one that spoke to everyone and presented the layout. He sold a couple and had some promising prospects on others. I hope you all have a great week! God bless!!

Photobucket

No comments: