Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hermit 1-21-09

Has anyone else felt like a hermit lately? It has been so cold that we haven't really felt like getting out to go anywhere. Someone at work said when it gets to 14 degress, can really tell the difference between that and 4 degees? Not really...it is just very cold! Other than school and work we have been happy just to stay at home cook supper and enjoy family time together. I think Landon really enjoyed having an extra day off this past Monday and it was nice to sleep in a little.

Switching gears...Landon's class at school was allowed to watch the swearing in of our new president. He had mixed emotions and we had that discussion of being respectful and that God is always in control. As Christians I think we need to pray for our country as well as our leaders. I am sure that it is a very difficult job and I think that we have probably been through the toughest 8 years as a country that we have seen in a while. I pray that we can go forward and up from here. I usually do not talk a lot about politics but I have to say that the one thing about the inauguration that saddened me was when Bush came out and he was "booed". I think it was sad for our children to see adults treat another human being that way. No matter what has happened these last 8 years I feel like that was uncalled for. That is enough about that...I hope everyone has a great week and weekend. I have to work a lot over the next week and a half so I am not sure how much I will get to blog. Take care and God bless!

Photobucket

1 comment:

~cassie~ said...

YES!!! I completely understand...(as you know)I am a Hermit...I have no desire to do anything at all..except sit at home, on the couch, under the snowman blanket...Hee hee...See you tonight...I think we work together...Love ya.