Sunday, January 18, 2009

Catching Up on an Icy Sunday Morning

It has been a rather long time since I have been on here. Life has been so busy and the time just flies by. Since we didn't get to go to church because of the icy roads, I will try to catch you up a little. I will begin telling you about Landon's 5th grade Christmas Party right before school let out. He really had a great time with all of his friends. They ate and sang karaoke all afternoon. I think he really loves school but I also think he is ready to move on to middle school next year. This is just a picture of a few of his buds at the party.


I had to work on Christmas Eve and when I got home at 6:10am I tried to sneak in the bed for a while and that didn't last long. As soon as Landon knew I was home he came and woke me up and wanted to open presents. I remember being that excited too so I got up and we started opening presents. The really big thing he got this year was a Wii Fit. It really is the neatest thing. You can put the controller in your pocket and actually run on the screen with the other people. It is so cool!



One of the other really cool things was his Manchester United Soccer jersey that has his name on it. For those of you who don't know that is his favorite Premier League team in England. His nick name on the soccer field is "Rooney" and he plays on that team. He was really excited when he saw that it had his name on it.





Two days after Christmas we decided to go back to Dollywood for one final trip this year. It was a beautiful day and we really enjoyed just being together after the hustle and bustle of the holidays. We had planned on going before Christmas and several things came up and we were unable to go. Because of the warm weather it really worked out for the best. The one thing I have realized even more throughout this holiday season is that God has a plan for all of us we just need to be patient and open our hearts and He will show us the way. I am so thankful that I have an almighty Father to turn to when I need answers.


Our family has been through several things over the holidays and God has really blessed us. Please say a prayer for Brian's aunt who has been ill over the holidays and please continue to pray for my mother who continually has to deal with pain everyday. I will try to do better to update more often but it is so hard sometimes with work, school, soccer and now Landon is playing basketball. I plan to post a few pictures of basketball later. Maybe today, I am not sure. Love you all! Have a great week! I cannot wait for Spring!



Photobucket

No comments: